Jeanette's Sled 2012 Picks



It's that time again! My favourite time of year in Calgary is about to begin! Sled Island Music and Arts Festival starts on June 18, 2012 and there is a TONNE I want to check out (FYI - film, comedy, and art events are a great way to break up the day while staying at the party. All things Sled can be found here: www.sledisland.com

And here are my picks

1) Film at Sled Island!!! The little program that could  from June 18 - 20, 2012 is stacked with great films (if I don't say so myself). Must see: The Great Northwest, Just Like Being There, and Shorts!!! You can do it all if you try, trust me!! Awesome

2) Comedy at Sled Island!!!! I can't say enough how much I loved last year's comedy line-up and how excited I am for this year. Knee slapping (literally) good times with Hannibal Buress, Tim Heidecker, Natasha Leggro, and on and on

3) Art at Sled Island!!! - Check it out!!

4) The Bands!!!!! F#$% yeah! Andrew WK is back as a curator this year and bringing his friend and yours: NARDWUAR! The Evaporators are playing on Wed. June 20, 2012 NOT TO BE MISSED.

And So I Watch You From Afar  - From Ireland! sweet. Intense, orchestrated, ethereal melodics. Remind me of Explosions in the Sky on metal



Camp Radio  - They're pop rock Canadian fun

The Strange Boys


Windom Earl


LEGS - Is back!!!


Basketball - from Vancouver

Andika

BASKETBALL | Myspace Music Videos


Reigning Sound


Shabazz Palaces


Small Town DJs


Willis Earl Beal - Because you should.


Fist City