Top Ten of 2010
- Frightened Rabbit – The Winter Of Mixed Drinks (Fat Cat Records)
I admittedly have listed to Frightened Rabbit more than any other band this year. This album is a logical progression from Midnight Organ Fight released in 2008, which I also still have on my regular play lists.
- Bright Eyes/Neva Denova – One Jug of Wine, Two Vessels: REISSUED (Saddle Creek Records)
This is a reissued version of the loved 2004 release with four new tracks starting off the album. I was going to place this at number 1 but since it is a reissue, I thought it not to be fair. Oh shit, just say it is number 1.
- Arcade Fire – The Suburbs (Merge)
# 2 tied. Régine Chassagne = Kate Bush = pretty %$#+ awesome.
- Ben Folds/Nick Hornby – Lonely Avenue (Nonesuch Records)
The musical madness of Ben Folds combined with the literary brilliance of Nick Hornby makes for a diverse and beat biting combo
- The Duchess and The Duke – Sunrise/Sunset (Hardly Art)
Also one of my favourite shows this year and the Central United Church for Sled Island Arts and Music Festival. Really under attended for how supremely rad.
- Best Coast – Crazy for You (Mexican Summer)
Good enough for Kathleen Hanna, good enough for you and me. Plus just really fun and awesome girl rock
- Clinic – Bubblegum (Domino)
See doubleentendrepreserves.blogspot.com Tuesday, October 26, 2010
- The Corin Tucker Band – 1,000 Years (killrockstars)
Enjoy the ferocious voice of former Sleater-Kinney front woman Corin Tucker!
- David Lynch – Good Day Today/I Know –Single (Sunday Best Recordings)
Seriously, I love this.
- Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse (deluxe Edition)– Dark Night Of The Soul (EMI Records)
Iggy Pop, Black Francis, Suzanne Vega, Flamming Lips, David Lynch, Vic Chestnut, Jason Lytle—one album in the memory of John ‘Sparklehorse’ Linkous
- Caribou – Swim (Best new music )